Saturday, January 14, 2012

Flatlined ...

Yes, folks, according to my blog stats, this blog flat lined.  When I started my blog I thought it would be fun to touch base with people, share tips and newly found ancestors, but I am finding that I need to refresh and reinvigorate this blog.

Being a marketing communications professional I know that one learns by asking.  And I need to ask ...

  • What can I change to make my writing interesting?  Even though I get excited about my finds, others evidently are not.  Please don't get me wrong; I am not taking offense.  This is a learning process writing for this audience.
  • How can I engage my readers?  I don't know you, and you don't know me.  Understanding my audience helps, and right now I don't know my audience.  Do I sound like too business like? 
  • I need to link out to other genealogy blogs.  What are your favorites?
  • When I Google my blogs, I get a little question mark in a circle, indicating that my site is not secure.  Unless I am searching on the wrong terms, what do I do to make people feel comfortable opening my blog when they Google my name?  Could this be scaring people away?  Oh gosh.

It is amazing how communications, in general, has changed over the centuries.  Our ancestors spoke person-to-person.  They would send letters, and then wait months for a response.  Then the telephone and electricity arrived, and now we have computers, micro chips, and more, oh my! 

Your ideas and suggestions would be so appreciated.  My goal is to turn a flat line into an active one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts here.