Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Challenging times then and now ...

... face all of us.  When I find another piece of family information to add to my files, I feel like I am becoming reacquainted with them.  I really wish they were alive so I could meet them in person.  So, I will have to make due with what I have available to me.

After spending time at the library this morning, I met a man whose genealogy research was leading him to dead ends similar to what I am experiencing.  After talking with him, I learned how to navigate the cemetery personnel and will soon try my luck.

Another slight detour, too, kept me from writing in my blog.  I share a laptop with my husband.  Reserving time to use his laptop was a challenge.  His laptop is just too slow for me and several keys stick.  I suppose that he was tired of me sighing, hinting, and being frustrated, so a new laptop was ordered.  I can't wait!

In the meantime, I still have records to dig through at the Maryland Historic Society and to organize what I have been finding so when my laptop arrives, I can sit back and enter my data and resume my Internet research.

Do you care to share your frustrations, roadblocks, and how you overcame them?  If not, I wish you all the best in you searching. 

Life is good ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts here.